In January 2014, Jordan Hospital joined the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center family of hospitals and became Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth. In 1899, a group of leading citizens from Plymouth saw a need to build a hospital to serve residents and pursued the idea of "a hospital on the hill". They approached retail tycoon, philanthropist, and summer resident Eben Jordan, of the Jordan Marsh Company, and he donated $20,000 to build what was to become Jordan Hospital. In December 1903, Jordan Hospital opened its doors to the first patients and has remained a community hospital ever since.
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth remains a private, not-for-profit hospital. We treat all patients, regardless of ability to pay. We proudly serve the communities of Bourne, Carver, Duxbury, Halifax, Kingston, Lakeville, Pembroke, Plympton, Plymouth, Marshfield, Middleboro, Sandwich and Wareham, as well as numerous visitors to our historic area.
Beth Israel Deaconess-Plymouth is an affiliate of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.