CEMEX Charlotte, NC Terminal
Wage rate: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour depending on skills and experience including mechanical/electrical equipment maintenance & welding
TITLE: Terminal Attendant
REPORTING TO: Sean Spillane
STATUS: Hourly Non-exempt
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
CONTACT: Terry J. Almond, Director - Human Resources US Cement & Logistics Operations
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT: Computer, telephone, and radio. Pneumatic & hydraulic machinery, track mobile, motors, and pumps. Hand tools and pneumatic tools.
SUBORDINATES SUPERVISED: None
- Responsible for operational and technical shipping duties including but not limited to loading & unloading cement in trucks and rail cars.
- Maintains accurate product inventory information in SAP and other computer systems.
- Notify terminal management, as well as shipping and production employees of status changes as needed.
- Troubleshoots, adjusts and makes minor repairs on equipment as needed and assists in major repairs.
- Meets and communicates with drivers and other customers.
- Participates in routine employee communications and safety meetings.
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe, orderly manner in compliance with company and governmental
- Assists in training new or less experienced department employees.
- Assists other employees by answering questions regarding shipping.
- Maintains proficiency in operation of all electronic shipping and distribution platforms and their maintenance.
- Performs additional duties as required by management.
QUALIFICATIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be Safety focused.
- Must be customer service focused.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer knowledge, SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment, hand tools
- Welding skills a plus
- Electrical skills a plus
- Ability to work extended hours or varying shifts as needed, nights, weekends, holidays, ect...
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to cement dust, heat, cold and other weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 94 pounds frequently, up to 50lbs regularly
- Ability to work with hand tools, operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in written form.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, crawl, squat, climb stairs, climb ladders and work at heights or in confined spaces.
- Ability to comply with and utilize required safety equipment (safety glasses, hard hat, dust masks, gloves, and any other equipment).
The Company reserves the right to change, modify, or add duties and responsibilities as needed.
*** This position is to be filled without regard to sex, religion, age, race, national origin or disabilities. CEMEX is a Drug Free Workplace.