Basic Job Information / Duties:
Assist Transport Services, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time company driver to join our team. The position offers a unique opportunity to work for an established logistics and transportation company. The ideal candidate will be responsible for completing deliveries in and around Chicago using a company provided vehicle;
******A BRAND NEW 2020 MACK ANTHEM W/ NEW 53' LOGISTICS TRAILERS!!******
LOCAL DEDICATED WORK ONLY!! HOME EVERY NIGHT!! HAZMAT ENDORSEMENT A PLUS!!
PLEASE ONLY SERIOUS APPLICANTS APPLY!! SEEKING A RELIABLE, SAFE, AND RESPONSIBLE DRIVER FOR LONG TERM EMPLOYMENT WITH LOTS OF ROOM FOR GROWTH!!!
This is an hourly position. Hourly rate will be determined upon hire, and will be in accordance with experience. Candidate should expect to work approximately 10 hours per day, 5 days per week. Any hours over 40 hours accumulated in a consecutive five day period are paid at time and a half. We offer paid vacation, sick, and personal days following 1 year of employment.
- Valid "CLASS A CDL" Class Illinois driver's license
- Clean MVR (Clean = no moving violations or accidents in the last three years. We will accept one moving violation or one accident in the last five years)
- Must consent to and pass random drug screenings
- Must consent to and pass a full background check administered by Assist Transport, Inc. and Homeland Security
- Must have a current medical card
- Must provide verifiable work history and references
- Must be reliable, on-time, and efficient when working
- Strong communication skills (must speak fluid English) and attention to detail are very important
- Ability to lift numerous pieces of freight (up to 70 pounds), one at a time, in rapid succession
- Ability to operate forklift and use dock equipment UNSUPERVISED