Allena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a late-stage clinical biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing first-in-class, oral enzyme therapeutics to treat patients with rare and severe metabolic and kidney disorders. Allena’s lead product candidate, reloxaliase, is a first-in-class, oral enzyme therapeutic for the treatment of hyperoxaluria, a metabolic disorder characterized by markedly elevated urinary oxalate levels and commonly associated with kidney stones, chronic kidney disease and other serious kidney disorders. Its second product candidate, ALLN-346, is also a first-in-class, oral enzyme for the treatment of hyperuricemia and gout in the setting of advanced chronic kidney disease.
The company’s proprietary technological approach enables the design, formulation and delivery of non-absorbed and stable enzymes orally and in sufficient doses for activity in the GI tract. This approach results in enzyme therapies that utilize the GI tract to degrade metabolites, such as oxalate and urate, reducing plasma and urine levels, and in turn reducing their disease burden on the kidney over time. Led by a proven management team with deep expertise in protein therapeutic design and development, Allena is committed to bringing breakthrough new treatments to patients with unmet medical needs. Allena is based in Newton, MA, with an office and laboratory in Sudbury, MA.
Role: Lab Coordinator (Part-time)
The Lab Coordinator is a part-time position for someone looking to work hands-on to help manage the lab. This individual maintains the stock of lab consumables and order supplies, follows up on pending requests and Vendors on all daily issued Purchase Orders. Working with Accounts Payable in resolving any daily invoice issues, receiving lab orders and maintaining various logs. This is an opportunity for someone to partner with the team and make an impact. Come join our team!
Who are we looking for?
- A creative, focused, and dedicated Lab Coordinator looking to work from 9:00am-2:00pm Monday-Friday
- A colleague to join our team as both an individual and team contributor with opportunities to make an impact
- A team member with positive energy who is passionate about asking questions and finding answers
- A professional with experience establishing and maintaining relationships internally and externally
What are we looking for?
- A results driven professional who knows how to work and contribute to an everchanging fast pace working environment
- A willingness to learn new things, adapt to new ways, and go with the flow
- A person who thrives in a small company atmosphere working towards commercialization
- A strategic mindset with the ability to determine task priority and maintain established deadlines
What are we offering?
- Membership within a growing, CARING and collegial organization
- Exposure to pioneering science of the therapies that utilize the GI tract to degrade metabolites
- Opportunity to support Clinical and Non-Clinical projects and initiatives
- Opportunities for mentoring and career development
- Responsible for tasks in inventory management (Consumables, chemicals, samples, etc) and accurate inventory control, processing requests leading to inventory movement on and off site and fulfilling customer metric reporting.
- Performs inventory management related functions to ensure supplies are readily available
- Provides daily customer service functions and communicates with the team relative to inventory management
- Purchase functions including but not limited to back-order reporting and expediting, direct factory shipments, 3rd party support, managing quotes, document control, records maintenance, and resolving open invoices or pricing issues
- Responsible for all customer service-related functions including but not limited to order entry, reporting, maintaining metrics, and cost savings tracking
- Responsible for desktop/laboratory delivery of inbound packages to customer contacts
- Manage tracking of preventative maintenance and calibration for all equipment and pipettes: generating Purchase Orders, scheduling calibrations, organizing appropriate spreadsheets, and ensuring documentation is up to date
- Performs routine upkeep throughout the lab to help maintain safe working environment.
- Execute on other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field is required
- Lab experience in a support role is preferred
- Well-developed interpersonal and organization skills
- General knowledge of lab terminology, equipment and procedures
- Demonstrated familiarity with lab safety issues including biohazard, chemical hazard, chemical inventory management and waste management
- Willingness to learn to set up, adjust, clean and perform minor maintenance on lab equipment
- Proven ability to follow oral, written and graphic instructions
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Responsive problem solver and action oriented; ability to contribute and improve practices
- Resourceful, independent and eager to learn with attention to detail
- Good computer skills including MS Office.
- Proactive, self-starter
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and thrive in a fast-paced environment; capacity to handle changing priorities
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
When You Join Allena You Will Have:
- Free parking in Sudbury, MA
- Winter Break: Allena is closed for a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Allena about our openings. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Allena via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Allena, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Allena for this position and a valid agreement with Allena is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Allena agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Allena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.