We are accepting applications for Manufacturing Operators to effectively support all Production Departments. This position will require high attention to detail with a willingness to work in a fast pace work environment.
The Encapsulation Operator is responsible for the set-up, safe operation, and cleaning of the encapsulation machine.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adhere to batch record specifications and keep the encapsulation process in control
• Assure applicable SOPs are followed and production is performed in accordance with cGMPs
• Foster a team environment by promoting a teamwork atmosphere with spreaders and inspection employees and covering co-workers machines during breaks
• Provide "hand-on" training to new encapsulation employees
• Document activities in logbooks incorporating good documentation practices
• Disassemble and clean encapsulation machines and equipment
• Assemble and set-up encapsulation machines and equipment
• Clean tumblers, working area, and gelatin tank covers
• Perform Encapsulation start-up activities; check seam percentage and fill material mixing
• Perform in-process checks for fill-weight variation , temperature variation, gelatin ribbon thickness and capsule length
• Practice protective handling of machinery tooling of the encapsulation machine including but not limited to die rolls, thickness gauge, thermometers, and scales/balances.
• Document in-process checks in the Production Batch Record following Good Documentation Practices (GDPs)
• Change filters and check for softgel leaks inside the tumblers and at the exit bin of the last tumbler as needed
• Spread softgel on trays and transfer stacks into drying rooms/tunnels , fill out proper documentation for the stacks and drying tunnel/drying room
• Check machines and tanks for proper tag status (Ex. To be Cleaned, Operating Tag, Ready to use, etc.)
• Control loss and waste of materials
• Ensure transfer bottles or spray bottle are properly labeled
• Report out-of-specification capsules to Lead and/or Shift Supervisor
• Wear the required personal protective equipment
• Adhere to gowning procedures
• Operate equipment in a safe manner
CAPTEK Softgel International, Inc. is a leading softgel contract manufacturer (CMO) in the vitamins, minerals, and supplements (VMS) industry. Championing wellness worldwide since 1996, our team of 730 employees based in California, are driven to produce high-quality nutraceutical products and bulk stock softgel capsules and supplements. We do this through research & development and innovative delivery systems coupled with rigorous quality assurance and quality control standards.
CAPTEK Softgel International, Inc. is a privately-owned, FDA registered and audited, GMP-certified, full service CMO of custom dietary and bulk stock supplement formulations. Led by an outstanding executive team, we serve our clients, our community and uphold industry certifications.