Milwaukie Lumber Company
CDL B Driver
Forklift/Moffett Experience preferred, yet training provided for the right person
Overtime Expected (with respect to FMCSA requirements)
Minimum 40 hours/week
Fast-Paced Work Environment
Outdoor working conditions
Not "just a driving" position - material handling/loading required, as well as misc. tasks in yard while not on a delivery
New drivers spend time working in our yard to become familiar with our Company Operations
Home every night and weekends
Guaranteed opportunity for 40 hours in off-season
Current, valid CDL B with insurable driving record
CDL must not have restriction code "E" - No Manual Transmission equipped CMV" (all of our commercial vehicles have manual transmissions)
Current med card (Company to provide future med card renewals)
Experience with identification of building materials OR enthusiasm to learn
Physical ability to lift 70 pounds
Basic math skills
Ability to read and write in English
Long-term, loyal applicants
Strong work ethic
Subject to pre-employment background check
Job Openings at 2 locations:
Milwaukie, Oregon 97222
Vancouver, Washington 98682
Interview process is multi-step.
1. Phone Interview with HR Department
2. In-person interview with HR Manager
3. In-person interview with Department Supervisor (#2 and #3 are often combined for convenience)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Average $21-$24 per hour with typical OT
Milwaukie Lumber Company—the very best in service and quality building materials
For more than two decades, the professionals at Milwaukie Lumber have satisfied the varied needs of builders, remodeling contractors, and home owners with a superior brand of service.
At Milwaukie Lumber we continually strive to exceed your expectations. Whether you’re purchasing basic hardware, planning a large remodeling or building project, or anything in between.
• Local and family owned where the customer relationship is of our utmost importance
• Professional, very knowledgeable and friendly staff
• Timely and accurate same-day deliveries.
• The finest outside sales professionals
• Innovative building practices
• Helpful project tips from personal experience
• Cost-saving ideas
• Long-term partnerships where you’re treated as family and not just a number
• Fair and accurate take-offs, I-Joist and Lumber layouts for approval within any municipality
• Three convenient locations to serve our communities in Oregon and Washington.
We are an industry leader in providing lumber and building materials in our market. We are the most respected, customer driven, and quality conscious company in our industry. We do this by delivering the highest quality products at a fair price. We foster a team approach that is representative of our high ethical standards. This high standard allows us to give each customer an experience that is unduplicatible by others.