Position Duties and Objectives:
- Counter sales to walk-in customers
- Cash Handling
- Writing quotes for customers
- Writing orders for Outside Sales
- Maintain safe working habits
- Customer delivery to jobsite in Sales pick-up truck
- Ordering materials (once trained to do so)
- Stocking shelves in store
- Keeping store clean
- Answering phones
- Various other duties
- Age 18+
- Valid Driver’s License with insurable Motor Vehicle Record
- Criminal Background Check clear of felonies within the past 10 years
- Ability to pass pre-employment DOT/Non-DOT drug screen (to include marijuana) and maintenance of clean random drug screens throughout employment
- Physical ability to lift and move 70 pounds
- Computer skills
- Self-Motivated – Self Starter
- People/Customer Service skills
- Lumber Knowledge a PLUS
- Work well when busy
This position will spend 30 days in Operations then transition to the Counter Sales position for further training. We are happy to provide training to candidates whom prove a good fit for the Company.
Monday – Friday 7:00am – 5:00pm with a rotating Saturday schedule 8am – 12:00pm.
Hours may vary with Company need.
Discussed in the interview and dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.50 to $18.00 /hour DOE
Hiring at 3 locations:
1. Portland, OR 97215
2. Milwaukie, OR 97222
3. Vancouver, WA 98682
Milwaukie Lumber Company—the very best in service and quality building materials
For more than two decades, the professionals at Milwaukie Lumber have satisfied the varied needs of builders, remodeling contractors, and home owners with a superior brand of service.
At Milwaukie Lumber we continually strive to exceed your expectations. Whether you’re purchasing basic hardware, planning a large remodeling or building project, or anything in between.
• Local and family owned where the customer relationship is of our utmost importance
• Professional, very knowledgeable and friendly staff
• Timely and accurate same-day deliveries.
• The finest outside sales professionals
• Innovative building practices
• Helpful project tips from personal experience
• Cost-saving ideas
• Long-term partnerships where you’re treated as family and not just a number
• Fair and accurate take-offs, I-Joist and Lumber layouts for approval within any municipality
• Three convenient locations to serve our communities in Oregon and Washington.
We are an industry leader in providing lumber and building materials in our market. We are the most respected, customer driven, and quality conscious company in our industry. We do this by delivering the highest quality products at a fair price. We foster a team approach that is representative of our high ethical standards. This high standard allows us to give each customer an experience that is unduplicatible by others.