Certified Control Systems is an energy solutions provider. For more than 35 years, we have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort. We offer industry-leading technology with local service that is hard to beat.
Certified Control Systems seeks talented performers and offers a challenging and rewarding work environment that emphasizes teamwork, results, and most importantly honesty and integrity. We value our employees and are committed to attracting highly skilled, talented individuals to join our strong, family-oriented workforce and to help us build on our success.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: HVAC/BAS/Electrician
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports to: Master Electrician
Coordinates With: Controls Group
Salary: Commensurate with experience + Benefits
Job Summary: Certified Control Systems is seeking an HVAC/BAS/Electrician to be responsible for high voltage systems as related to disconnecting of existing wiring and providing new high voltage wiring to HVAC equipment to support our Mechanical Service division. Plus provide installation of VFDs, Power Meters and Lighting Control Systems to support our Building Automation System (BAS) division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs work of a skilled variety demanding a high degree of manual and technical competency.
- Read, review, modify as needed and follow project related documents such as blueprints, drawings, project scope, budgets, deadlines, and sequence of operation for proper execution requirements
- Locates and determines electrical malfunctions using test equipment.
- Repairs malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring, cleaning, and repairing equipment.
- Tests electrical equipment, such as HVAC equipment, motors, heaters, and controls for safety and efficiency, using standard test equipment and by observing functions.
- Installs fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Installation of EMT and Rigid conduit, as well as, cabling management & support infrastructure systems
- Inspects circuits for specified shielding and grounding.
- Build & wire BAS control panels (in-shop or in-field).
- Installation and termination VFDs, low and line voltage lighting controls, control panel power, and other components of the Building Automation Control Systems.
- Other Job Duties (Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might be assigned)
- Troubleshoot and repair low and line voltage (up to 480 volt) circuits. (Know how to use a multimeter)
- Coordinate material and ordering requirements with Project Managers
- Attend job site meetings to represent & discuss workflow, scheduling, and progress.
- Must have appropriate tools to efficiently complete electrical work.
- High school diploma, certificate from college or technical school.
- 2-4 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship, or Journeyman’s electrical license is a plus, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Candidate must pass a criminal background check for school board badges.
- Ability to work overtime, varied shift hours and occasional travel as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of the electrical trade and codes, preferably with line voltage control systems.
- Candidate is required to be organized, detail oriented and have time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision, or in a team atmosphere while acting responsibly and maintaining a professional attitude.
- Possess knowledge of good customer service techniques, have a congenial personality, and a helpful attitude.
- Requires initiative and ingenuity to analyze a situation and to make frequent technical decisions based on specifications and electrical codes.
- Understand and communicate with both verbal and written skills.
- Candidate must be able to learn and follow sequence of operations for projects in this industry while also having the ability to be a creative, self-starter.
- Physical activities of standing, balancing, climbing stairs & ladders, walking and lifting of weights of 50 lbs. or more are required in daily performance of job.
- Use of upper extremities required for forward and overhead reaching, pushing and pulling, and material handling.
- Use of torso and lower extremities required for kneeling, crawling, stooping, twisting, and squatting.
- Each employee has a responsibility for their own safety, the safety of their co-workers, and the community in which
they are operating.
- In the performance of duties and responsibilities, you are expected to observe all safety, health, and loss prevention
rules, practices, and procedures, as well as specific instructions related to the safe and efficient performance of your
- An effective and viable safety, health, and loss prevention program will be attained only when all employees are
safety conscious and keenly aware, both mentally and physically, of the potential hazards of your environment.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR’s normal application process – it is probably fraudulent.