The Deli/Pizza cook will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The general responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: Preparing pizzas, calzones, pizzaritas and paninis from scratch, bake bread for sub sandwiches from scratch and prepare meats, cheeses, vegetables and condiments for production of deli sandwiches, wraps and paninis.ü Cook to order hamburgers, cheeseburgers, salads, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, eggs to order, omelets, steaks, chops, cutlets and other related items of a short order cook. As well as assistant to Cook II.
- Prepare the required items in accordance with the production log and directed by shift leader.
- Wash, peel, chop, dice and slice and otherwise prepare fruits, meats, and vegetables and all general cooking in accordance with standard recipe requirements.
- Request subsistence from Cook II.
- Pan up bacon, sausage and ham for breakfast and mids meals.
- Setup specialty bars as required. (potato, pasta, fruit, omelet, and hamburger)
- Work grill during meal period.
- Garnish food items and serving lines.
- Check and log refrigerator’s temperatures.
- Cover, time and date all food items before putting in the refrigerator.
- Serve food items correct portion and serving utensils using deli gloves when necessary.
- Check plates and bowls for cleanliness.
- Replenished food items from food warmers to ensure availability for patrons.
- Informs back-up cook when items are running low.
- Keep line free of spills and food debris; use a clean towel and an appropriate sanitizing agent.
- Check food temperatures during meal assuring temperatures maintains 140 degree.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High School Graduate or GED.
Commercial kitchen experience.
Must obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Must be able to follow production records/prep list.
Experience as a cook.
Our mission is to make a difference in the lives of individuals with significant disabilities by creating and providing employment opportunities for all employees to realize their full potential.
TRDI will follow AbilityOne requirements for the staffing needs of this jobsite. Additional information can be located at http://www.abilityone.org/.
TRDI is an equal opportunity employer - veterans, women, individuals with disabilities, and minorities encouraged to apply. EEO-M/F/D/V
If you are self-identifying a disability, please submit supportive documentation (i.e. the official medical/psychological diagnosis signed by the appropriate healthcare provider, along with functional limitations + extent) with the application package for full employment consideration. If you have a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor assigned, you can request the Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) for a 1-page letter on their official letterhead with the same requested information (signed by the VRC). Please fax supporting documentation to 210-249-5623 - Juan Hernandez, AbilityOne Compliance Manager.