The Cook II will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Special Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but the organization may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities an client requirements
- Preparing in large quantities meat, poultry, fish, starches, vegetables, gravies, soups, sauces, roasts, meat pies, casseroles and other related items for a meal and direct and instruct cook I as to requirements.
- Ensure the required items in accordance with the production log are prepared
- Check work of subordinates by inspecting food quality and quantity during and after preparation for conformance with prescribed standards.
- Ensure compliance with the world wide menus, uses of standard recipes.
- Assign individual as to what items to prepare listed on the production log.
- Assign grill, back-up and fry cook, deli and line server.
- Ensure serving line and food items are garnish and set up properly.
- Instruct and ensure progressive cooking techniques are being used.
- Ensure refrigerator’s temperatures are log on chart.
- Advise line servers on the proper serving portions of each item being served.
- Ensure food is being replenished on line.
- Check food temperatures during meal assuring temperatures maintains 140 degree.
- Advise facility manager of rations shortages, to eliminate the possibility of running out of food during meal.
- Conduct all the job training.
- Ensure subordinates practices good sanitation techniques.
- Ensure at close of meal all food is removed from line, dispose properly, leftovers and waste log is completed.
- Complies and follows appropriate Food Handlers Safety Components.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High School graduate or GED.
Must be able to work a flexible work schedule.
Must obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Must be able to tolerate prolonged standing, sitting, walking and/or lifting.
Experience as a cook.
Our mission is to make a difference in the lives of individuals with significant disabilities by creating and providing employment opportunities for all employees to realize their full potential.
TRDI will follow AbilityOne requirements for the staffing needs of this jobsite. Additional information can be located at http://www.abilityone.org/.
TRDI is an equal opportunity employer - veterans, women, individuals with disabilities, and minorities encouraged to apply. EEO-M/F/D/V
If you are self-identifying a disability, please submit supportive documentation (i.e. the official medical/psychological diagnosis signed by the appropriate healthcare provider, along with functional limitations + extent) with the application package for full employment consideration. If you have a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor assigned, you can request the Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) for a 1-page letter on their official letterhead with the same requested information (signed by the VRC). Please fax supporting documentation to 210-249-5623 - Juan Hernandez, AbilityOne Compliance Manager.